Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Assylum on the Delivery Route

Sorry it's been so long since I posted! I hope you weren't left staring at the walls, rocking back and forth, mumbling things to yourself.

If you were, you should have called me because that's exactly what I was doing, too!  Ha, ha! Mostly just kidding!

Anyway, speaking of crazy, I've gone the extra step today to ensure that our mail carrier knows we are nuts.

It all started with our habit of not using the front door at our house. From this habit, we evolved to neglect the mailbox next to it. And to be honest, the rewards of getting the mail everyday leave plenty to be desired. Junk, junk, junk, bill, bill, junk, and a subscription to The National Polish Association that a friend signed me up for as a joke. Or maybe I signed up for it to hand to people as jokes....don't remember. But it's in Polish, so I have no idea what it's about. I love it.

Anyway, the mail carrier just keeps putting mail in there whether I take it out or not. So one day in frustration, he asked me if I would try to work a little harder on remembering to get the mail. I said I would try, but I didn't have the money to pay the bills anyway, so I was hoping he could just stop putting them in my mailbox. I told him that the mailbox was like its own file - holding the bills that I was still optimistic about paying. He thought I was kidding, and laughingly marched off.



Other than the mail carrier's frustration at trying to cram the mail into the box, the system runs smoothly until I need to SEND mail. I'm pretty sure the carrier thinks what we're sending out is just leftover mail from the day before. It happens so infrequently that we need to send mail however, that it's really not that inconvenient to chase the carrier down in my horn-honking car with the screaming children in the back, to hand it to them in person.

A few days ago though, the husband tried to send something in the mail, and it didn't get picked up. Today, the husband sends me this text from work:

Husband: "Put a sticky note on the mailbox or something pls."

Me: "What do you want it to say? 'Beware of small mailbox spiders...can be bitey'."

Husband: "Yes."

But I stuck this to the mailbox instead:
And this seems to have worked well. :) Not to mention it saves me the gas of chasing people down, and who doesn't like "friendly" letters. Winning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment